2019 brought many changes …quickly and some unexpected. Crossing $3MM in net worth, a kid headed to college and a decision to leave a high paying job and take better control of our time and choices. Overall, I have the say the effect has been net positive … in spite of early fears and uncertainty. This also explains why it took a little time to be able to articulate our goals for 2019. We finally have some stability of intent and outlook so here goes:
- Achieve Net Worth of : $3.5MM
- Achieve Portfolio Income of: $180k/year or $15k per month using a mix of investments with Beta < 1.
- Fitness: Develop the ability to sustain 100 pushups, 100 squats and 5 pull-ups each day for 30 day stretches.
- Surround ourselves with people and thoughts that are positive, supportive and definitely non-toxic.
- Continue to simplify, focus and make our life more joyful and intentional.
Long term goals:
- Net Worth: $10mm+
- Portfolio Income: $300k/year
- Fitness: as in 2019 goals.